After watching the movie 42: The Jackie Robinson Story, we discussed racism, discrimination, and segregation. We also talked about how Jackie was a trailblazer - someone who is the first person to do something or go somewhere, and makes it possible for others to follow.
For this project, choose from the list of trailblazers provided. Present the following information in a Powerpoint Presentation that has 6-8 slides.
- Research the person and what they did that made them a trailblazer.
- provide some details about their childhood.
- Provide details about his/her struggle to accomplish their goal.
- How did they overcome their struggles?
- Provide the names of at least 2 people who followed in his or her footsteps.