You will be living statues in a wax museum.
Learn more about inspiring people.
You will be working in pairs or group to learn as much as possible about famous people who made history.
You will work on your assigned/chosen inspiring person.
At the end you will produce both a written biography and an oral presentation.
You will become speaking statues at a wax museum and you must be ready to make your character come alive.
You have to:
1) explore the online resources related to your famous person using your ipads ( audio, video, texts )
2) answer the questions you will find here
3) write a biography ( in the third person 400-500 words ) . Make sure you include all the answers to the questions and add more relevant information
4) create/find a motto/slogan/quote for your character
5) prepare a 3-minute oral presentation ( in the first person ), giving as much interesting and relevant information about your character
|WRITING ( 100 )|
|BIOGRAPHY ( Content 20/ Grammar 20/ Spelling 5/ Organization 5 )||50|
|SPEAKING ( 3-MINUTE PRESENTATION ) ( 100 )|
Which characters would you sit at the same table at an imaginary party?
What names would you give to the different tables?
What do the characters at the same tables have in common?
What would they talk about?
Where would you sit if you were invited to that party?
Look at the painting below ( click on the link to view the picture and click on the faces to learn their names )
Can you find some of our inspiring people?