This is one way the Digestive System can be introduced. Students should have a basic understanding of the function of the digestive system, the main organs involved in digestion and should be able to state the functions of these organs.
Do you love food? I do. I love pizza, burger and ice cream. What happens to the food we eat? Where does it go? Let’s find out!!
At the end of the class the students should be able to:
1. List down the parts and there functions in the digestive process
2. Locate the parts of the digestive system
3. Tell the importance of the digestive system
Visit the Fact Monster Digestive System page and discus the following:
- What the digestive system is
- What organs make up the digestive system
- The function of the digestive system
Go to “Kids Health Digestive System page
- Do unlabeled digestive system activity
Watch video on “Kids Health Digestive page
For the evaluation the following will be used along with the rubric:
1. Complete the crossword puzzle
2. Label the parts of the digestive system
That wasn’t difficult right? You should have learnt about the importance of the digestive system, the main organs involved in digestion and the function of the digestive system. Return again soon.
Credit to the following sites:
- Facts Monster
- Kids Health